The Long and Short of Long-COVID in Adults
We are excited to see so many of you join our fall FMEP courses. Several...0
What are the SAMPs and how do you recommend studying for the SAMPs?
The Short answer management problems (SAMPs) test your knowledge base and problem-solving skills. The SAMPs are done on a computer in different locations across Canada. They take approximately 4 hours and will take place on the Friday of the examination weekend.
Can you give us some information on exam writing techniques?
Absolutely. We have scavenged the CCFP materials, spoke with our residents and compiled a list:
1. Read the question carefully and pay close attention to the key words in the questions. The CCFP wants SPECIFIC answers and their questions will help direct you to this answer.
2. Your answer can be written in <11 words
3. Be SPECIFIC about your labs tests
a. Do NOT say “Imaging: instead, “I would order a chest x-ray”
b. So NOT say “lipid profile”: instead “I would order LDL”
c. Do not say “CBC”; instead “I would order a white blood cell count”
4. Generic OR trade names for medications are accepted
5. SI units are acceptable
6. Do NOT leave ANY box empty; instead, you can say “none”